The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties (APSCUF) is seeking a highly competent executive secretary to support and assist the Association’s president, executive council, and other committees.
The successful candidate must be:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated;
- Skilled at excellent calendar management skills on behalf of the president;
- Competent to prepare, monitor, respond to and distribute incoming and outgoing telephone, electronic, and hard copy communications on behalf of the president;
- Qualified to prepare memos, letters, and other documents;
- Skilled at planning events and meetings and coordinating committees and task forces;
- Outstanding at maintaining records and files;
- Able to prepare agendas for meetings and take minutes and take dictation;
- Qualified at maintaining office procedures;
- Competent to coordinate travel arrangements and prepare itineraries;
- Polished with a high level of professionalism and a respect for confidentiality;
- Be competent with social media and have a demonstrated proficiency with all Microsoft products;
- Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences, etc., and;
- Qualified to conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned.
- Proven experience as executive secretary or possession of the necessary skill set;
- A strong support for education, unions, and the union movement;
- An associate degree or equivalent experience is required;
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Outstanding communication skills and a professional and friendly disposition;
- Live or relocate to the Harrisburg area;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Proven ability to take on a variety of different tasks without becoming overwhelmed;
- Ability to work some weekends and some off hours, and to travel on occasion.
APSCUF provides an excellent benefits package. Salary will be $40,000+, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The start date for the position is Sept. 5, 2017, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send a letter of interest, a résumé, and salary history to the attention to firstname.lastname@example.org.