Forms and benefits
Below you will find a myriad of resources available to APSCUF members. Included on this page is information relating to medical benefits (including claim forms, plan comparisons and much more), retirement planning, Healthy U, members-only special services and discount programs, coaches supplmental benefits and much more. Click here to download a PDF file outlining the benefits of your APSCUF membership.
Not a member? Learn more about joining APSCUF. If you are a member and have any questions about any of these benefits or services, please contact Nancy Koutris at 800-932-0587, ext. 3021, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 2016: Post-strike health-insurance problems.
June 2016: Maintain your eyes and teeth this summer.
Post-strike health-insurance problems
Our director of membership services has been working diligently to resolve healthcare-insurance and prescription problems caused when the State System dropped coverage during the strike. Both medical services and prescriptions should be back up and running. Should you need them, click here to download a member-submitted health insurance claim form, and click here to download a drug-reimbursement form. For additional assistance, contact Nancy Koutris at email@example.com or 800-932-0587 ext. 3021.
Faculty and coaches internship
APSCUF's faculty and coaches orientation internship is for APSCUF members who have some local APSCUF responsibility and are interested in expanding a working knowledge of the union. Interns spend a week in the summer in the Harrisburg office to observe the entire spectrum of union administration. They interact with staff members who serve in various capacities. The program aims to prepare APSCUF members for increased local and/or state responsibilities. Click here to download an application and more information about hotels, travel, and meals. Questions? Email Lisa Demko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLU SHOT OPPORTUNITIES – FALL/WINTER 2016 STATE SYSTEM health plan
Members – Highmark PPO Plan
• All Highmark members (who are age 9 and older) can obtain a no-cost flu shot at any Rite Aid Pharmacy or Giant Eagle location in Pennsylvania, and at many other pharmacy locations (click here to download the list). No appointment is needed – the member must present their Highmark member ID card. The State System health plan will be billed directly for this service.
• Rite Aid, Giant Eagle, select CVS pharmacy locations and many other pharmacies will conduct an onsite campus flu shot administration, if the campus would like to pursue this option. There will be no additional fees specific to this event – the State System health plan will be billed for the number of vaccines administered to its State System Highmark members. Many campuses have already been approached by a pharmacy. If you have not, and you would like to pursue this option, please notify me, and I will put you in touch with the appropriate individual. If an on-site clinic is offered, all State System Highmark members (and Highmark members covered under an unrelated employer plan) can receive a no-cost flu shot at the event (they must present their Highmark member ID card). For individuals who are not covered by a participating health plan, there is the opportunity for them to receive a flu shot at the campus event on a self-pay basis (cash or personal check, the logistics of this will need to be addressed with the pharmacy vendor in advance of the event). They may have the ability to submit the receipt for this flu shot with a claim form to their health plan and receive reimbursement.
• Highmark members of all ages can obtain a flu shot from their physician (an office visit co-pay may be charged).
STATE SYSTEM Health Plan - Geisinger HMO Members
• Geisinger HMO members of the State System plan can obtain a no-cost flu shot at any participating pharmacy that offers them. Participating pharmacies include the following retail pharmacies:
- Rite Aid
- Various Geisinger Pharmacies
- Select local, independent pharmacies (member can do a pharmacy search by ZIP code on the Geisinger member website to see additional local pharmacy options www.thehealthplan.com)
• If the campus does an on-site flu shot program with Rite Aid, CVS or another pharmacy, the State System Geisinger member may be able to obtain a no-cost flu shot at that event. This needs to be coordinated in advance with the pharmacy and Geisinger.
• Geisinger members can also receive a flu shot at their primary-care provider’s office (an office visit copay may apply).
STATE SYSTEM Health Plan – UPMC HMO Members
• UPMC HMO members of the State System plan can obtain a no-cost flu shot at the following retail pharmacies:
- Rite Aid
- Giant Eagle
• If the campus does an on-site flu shot program with Rite Aid, the UPMC HMO member can obtain a no cost flu shot at that event. This needs to be coordinated in advance with Rite Aid and UPMC.
• UPMC HMO members can obtain a flu shot at their doctor’s office (an office visit co-pay may apply).
• UPMC HMO members can also obtain a flu shot at any pharmacy or clinic. They may then submit a claim form with a receipt to UPMC and they will receive reimbursement. Click here to download the claim form.
STATE SYSTEM Health Plan – Keystone East HMO Members
• Keystone East HMO Members can obtain a flu shot at their doctor’s office (an office visit co-pay may apply).
• Keystone East HMO members can obtain a no-cost flu shot at the following retail pharmacies:
- Rite Aid
- CVS MinuteClinics
- Walgreens Take Care Health Clinics
- Participating retail health clinics - do a “Provider Finder” search by ZIP code on the member website at http://www.ibx.com/company_info/news/health_news/seasonal_flu.html
• If the campus does an on-site flu shot program with Rite Aid or another in-network pharmacy, the Keystone East HMO member may be able to obtain a no-cost flu shot at that event. This needs to be coordinated in advance with the pharmacy and Keystone East.
• Keystone East HMO members can also obtain a flu shot at any pharmacy or clinic. They may then submit a claim form with a receipt to Keystone East and they will receive reimbursement (up to $25 per member, per vaccine). Click here to download a sample claim form.
STATE SYSTEM Health Plan – Keystone Central HMO Members
• Keystone Central HMO Members can obtain a flu shot at their doctor’s office (an office visit co-pay may apply).
• Keystone Central HMO Members can obtain a no-cost flu shot at CVS.
• The Keystone Central HMO member will need to show a photo ID, Keystone Central HMO medical ID card, and present a flu shot voucher to the pharmacist. Black and white as well as color vouchers are acceptable. Click here to download a sample of the flu voucher.
GENERAL BENEFIT INFORMATION
- Benefit Summary for Faculty (PDF )
- Benefit Summary for Coaches (PDF )
- Highmark Plan Comparison (PDF )
- Employee Health Contribution Schedule
PA FACULTY HEALTH AND WELFARE FUND
- (Updated June 2016) Maintain your eyes and teeth this summer
- (Updated December 2015) Revisions and benefit announcements
- Health & Welfare Fund Website
- Health & Welfare Fund: Extension of Coverage for Adult Children (PDF )
- Health & Welfare Fund: Annual Vision Benefits (PDF)
- Part-time Faculty Claim Form (PDF)
- Dental Claim Form (PDF )
- Vision Claim Form (PDF )
COACHES SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS
- PPO Summary
- Highmark Preventive Schedule
- PPO Handbook
- Comprehensive Indemnity Summary
- Comprehensive Indemnity Handbook
- HMO Listing
- Member Submitted Highmark Claim Form (fillable PDF)
HIGHMARK PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN
- Prescription Drug Plan Summary -- all health plan (PDF)
- Highmark Formulary Pocket Guide (PDF )
- Revised Process for Prescription Drug Overrides
- Medco Pharmacy Order Form (PDF )
HIGHMARK WELLNESS PROGRAMS
- Highmark Discount Wellness Program - Blue365 (PDF )
- Highmark Complementary and Alternative Medicine Discount Program (PDF )
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Effective January 2015, ADP will provide the administration for the Flexible Spending Account Program. You can find more about this change here.
- Special services available for full dues-paying APSCUF members
- 2016 State APSCUF scholarship information (PDF)