Forms and benefits
Below you will find a myriad of resources available to APSCUF members. Included on this page is information relating to medical benefits (including claim forms, plan comparisons and much more), retirement planning, Healthy U, members-only special services and discount programs, coaches supplmental benefits and much more. Click here to download a PDF file outlining the benefits of your APSCUF membership.
Not a member? Learn more about joining APSCUF. If you are a member and have any questions about any of these benefits or services, please contact Nancy Koutris at 800-932-0587, ext. 3021, or email her at email@example.com.
January 2016: Faculty and coaches internship
• PA. Health and Welfare Fund revisions and annoucements
• 2016 scholarship information
Faculty and coaches internship
APSCUF's faculty and coaches orientation internship is for APSCUF members who have some local APSCUF responsibility and are interested in expanding a working knowledge of the union. Interns spend a week in the summer in the Harrisburg office to observe the entire spectrum of union administration. They interact with staff members who serve in various capacities. The program aims to prepare APSCUF members for increased local and/or state responsibilities. Click here to download an application and more information about hotels, travel, and meals. Questions? Email Lisa Demko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PASSHE HEALTH PLAN - FLU SHOT OPPORTUNITIES
Highmark PPO and CMM (Indemnity) Plan (applies to those active members and those retired who are NOT eligible for Medicare but are enrolled under the annuitant PPO plan)
• Highmark members age 9 and older can obtain a free flu shot at pharmacy vaccination suppliers on this list. (There is no specific list for northeast Pennsylvania or Philadelphia. However, the chain stores on the aforementioned list are good across Pennsylvania. Please call to confirm a store's participation.) No appointment is needed – the member must present their Highmark member ID card. The PASSHE health plan will be billed directly for this service.
• Rite Aid, Giant Eagle, select CVS pharmacy locations and many other pharmacies will conduct an on-site campus flu shot administration, if the campus would like to pursue this option. There will be no additional fees specific to this event – the State System health plan will be billed for the number of vaccines administered to its State System Highmark members. If an on-site clinic is offered, all State System Highmark members (and Highmark members covered under an unrelated employer plan) can receive a no-cost flu shot at the event (they must present their Highmark member ID card). Check with your local HR office.
• Highmark members of all ages can obtain a flu shot from their physician (an office visit co-pay may be charged).
Geisinger HMO Members
• Geisinger HMO members of the PASSHE plan can obtain a no-cost flu shot at any participating pharmacy that offers them. Participating pharmacies include the following retail pharmacies:
o Rite Aid
o Various Geisinger Pharmacies
o Select local, independent pharmacies (member can do a pharmacy search by ZIP code on the Geisinger member website to see additional local pharmacy options www.thehealthplan.com)
• If the campus does an on-site flu shot program with Rite Aid or CVS, the PASSHE Geisinger member can obtain a no-cost flu shot at that event. This needs to be coordinated in advance with the pharmacy (Rite Aid or CVS) and Geisinger.
• Geisinger members can also receive a flu shot at their primary-care provider’s office (an office visit co-pay may apply).
UPMC HMO Members
• UPMC HMO members of the PASSHE plan can obtain a no-cost flu shot at Rite Aid.
• If the campus does an on-site flu shot program with Rite Aid, the UPMC HMO member can obtain a no-cost flu shot at that event. This needs to be coordinated in advance with Rite Aid and UPMC. check with your local HR office.
• UPMC HMO members can obtain a flu shot at their doctor’s office (an office visit co-pay may apply).
• UPMC HMO members can also obtain a flu shot at any pharmacy or clinic. They may then submit a claim form with a receipt to UPMC and they will receive reimbursement. See your HR office for claim form.
Keystone East HMO Members
• Keystone East HMO Members can obtain a flu shot at their doctor’s office. An office visit co-pay may apply.
• Keystone East HMO members can obtain a no-cost flu shot at the following retail pharmacies:
o Rite Aid
o CVS MinuteClinics
o Walgreens Take Care Health Clinics
o Participating retail health clinics - do a “Provider Finder” search by ZIP code on the member website.
• If the campus does an on-site flu shot program with Rite Aid or another in-network pharmacy, the Keystone East HMO member may be able to obtain a no-cost flu shot at that event. This needs to be coordinated in advance with the pharmacy and Keystone East. Check with your local HR office.
• Keystone East HMO members can also obtain a flu shot at any pharmacy or clinic. They may then submit a claim form with a receipt to Keystone East, and they will receive reimbursement (up to $25 per member, per vaccine). See your HR office for claim form.
Keystone Central HMO Members
• Keystone Central HMO Members can obtain a flu shot at their doctor’s office. An office visit co-pay may apply. Currently, this is the only flu shot benefit available to Keystone Central HMO members.
GENERAL BENEFIT INFORMATION
- Benefit Summary for Faculty (PDF )
- Benefit Summary for Coaches (PDF )
- Highmark Plan Comparison (PDF )
- Employee Health Contribution Schedule
PA FACULTY HEALTH AND WELFARE FUND
- (Updated December 2015) Revisions and benefit announcements
- Health & Welfare Fund Website
- Health & Welfare Fund: Extension of Coverage for Adult Children (PDF )
- Health & Welfare Fund: Annual Vision Benefits (PDF)
- Part-time Faculty Claim Form (PDF)
- Dental Claim Form (PDF )
- Vision Claim Form (PDF )
COACHES SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS
- PPO Summary
- Highmark Preventive Schedule
- PPO Handbook
- Comprehensive Indemnity Summary
- Comprehensive Indemnity Handbook
- HMO Listing
- Member Submitted Highmark Claim Form (fillable PDF)
HIGHMARK PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN
- Prescription Drug Plan Summary -- all health plan (PDF)
- Highmark Formulary Pocket Guide (PDF )
- Revised Process for Prescription Drug Overrides
- Medco Pharmacy Order Form (PDF )
HIGHMARK WELLNESS PROGRAMS
- Highmark Discount Wellness Program - Blue365 (PDF )
- Highmark Complementary and Alternative Medicine Discount Program (PDF )
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Effective January 2015, ADP will provide the administration for the Flexible Spending Account Program. You can find more about this change here.
- Special services available for full dues-paying APSCUF members
- 2016 State APSCUF scholarship information (PDF)