Need forms or policies for university-wide committees? Look in the righthand column under CLARION DOCUMENTS and click onto “document center” for the link or click HERE.
Welcome to the APSCUF-Clarion website, another tool to enable our members to participate and communicate. APSCUF, the voice of the faculty and coaches here at Clarion University, upholds the highest standards of teaching, scholarly inquiry, and service. We are an organization committed to promoting excellence in all we do to ensure our students receive the highest quality education.
If you are not yet a member, please join us in our efforts. APSCUF is the sole voice for protecting the rights of faculty and coaches. Be a member — and be an active and contributing member. Signup and get involved today!
Ray Feroz, Chapter President
CU STUDENTS: NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FALL 2019 CLARION APSCUF SCHOLARSHIP
Clarion APSCUF is now accepting applications for the Clarion APSCUF Fall 2019 Scholarships to be awarded to six currently enrolled Clarion University students at $500 each. Deadline for submission is Friday, March 22, 2019 at 12 p.m. in the Clarion APSCUF office located in the Rhea Building on the Clarion University campus. For more information and to download the application, go to www.apscuf.org/universities/clarion.
CU STUDENTS & FACULTY: RALLY for AFFORDABLE COLLEGE RALLY MARCH 27 IN HARRISBURG
Do you believe public higher education should be affordable? That Pennsylvanians should not be crushed by student-loan debt?
Join us Wednesday, March 27 as we rally for the Pennsylvania Promise, a plan to make college affordable in the Commonwealth. We are looking for faculty, coaches, and students to join us 11 a.m. that day in the State Capitol Rotunda.
In conjunction with Edinboro and Slippery Rock’s APSCUF chapters, Clarion APSCUF is taking faculty and students in a 55 passenger bus to the Capitol in Harrisburg on Wednesday, March 27. Clarion University’s pickup time will be at 5:30 am in the Rhea Building parking lot – Lot #17. Return trip should be around 5:30 pm. The rally starts promptly at 11:00 am in the Capital’s Rotunda and ends 12:00 pm SHARP. Immediately after the rally, State APSCUF will be giving all participants a $10 lunch voucher for the Capital’s cafeteria. Our bus will be leaving the Capital at 1:30 pm SHARP. Snacks and water will be provided for the bus ride. Faculty and students are encouraged to wear university apparel and make handmade signs for the rally. If interested in going, please let Jan Walters at email@example.com in the Clarion APSCUF office.
Learn more about the Pennsylvania Promise, of which APSCUF is a partner, at www.PApromise.org . Please make sure you’re following the cause on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Use #PApromise and #affordablecollegenow in your online discussions.
YMCA Membership Discount for APSCUF/APSCURF Members Only:
The new Scenic Rivers YMCA is now open in Clarion. Present your membership card OR your Member Verification Certificate from the Clarion APSCUF/APSCURF office to the YMCA Member Service Desk and receive a special discount on your membership. Know that your membership is for both the Oil City YMCA and the Clarion County YMCA! Click here for details.
APSCUF-Clarion would like to thank our dedicated committee members for we couldn’t make such an impact without your hard work!
UPCOMING MEETINGS for FALL 2019
- Friday, January 18 @ 2:30 – Pre-Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Tuesday, January 22 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, January 25 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Tuesday, January 29 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Tuesday, February 5 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- February 7-9, 2019 – APSCUF Legislative Assembly (Wyndham, Gettysburg, PA)
- Tuesday, February 12 – Departmental Representative Council
- Wednesday, February 13 @ 2:00 – Pre-Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Friday, February 15 @ 2:30 – Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Tuesday, February 19 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Tuesday, March 12 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Friday, March 15 @ 2:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Tuesday, March 19 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Tuesday, March 19 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Campus Visit by Sara Miller, Labor Relations Department at State APSCUF
- Friday, March 22 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Thursday, March 28 @ 3:30 pm – APSCUF General Membership Meeting @ 3:30 pm – “Meet the Candidate” Forum – President Ken Mash campus visit
- Tuesday, April 2 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Tuesday, April 9 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Tuesday, April 9 @ 3:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Friday, April 12 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss Meeting
- Tuesday, April 16 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Monday & Tuesday, April 15 & 16 – Local Spring Elections through Survey Monkey
- April 25-27, 2019 – APSCUF Legislative Assembly (Genetti’s Williamsport, PA)
- Friday, May 17 – APSCUF New Leadership Day – Slippery Rock University
Check out Clarion APSCUF's photos on our Facebook Page. Click HERE.
CLARION APSCUF is PROUD to support the following:
- Clarion University Athletic Corporate Sponsorship
- Clarion University Golf Classic
- Clarion University Academic Excellence Series
- Clarion County YMCA
- Clarion Little League
- Partners in Teaching