Need forms or policies for university-wide committees? Look in the righthand column under CLARION DOCUMENTS and click onto “document center” for the link or click HERE.
Welcome to the APSCUF-Clarion website, another tool to enable our members to participate and communicate. APSCUF, the voice of the faculty and coaches here at Clarion University, upholds the highest standards of teaching, scholarly inquiry, and service. We are an organization committed to promoting excellence in all we do to ensure our students receive the highest quality education.
If you are not yet a member, please join us in our efforts. APSCUF is the sole voice for protecting the rights of faculty and coaches. Be a member — and be an active and contributing member. Signup and get involved today!
Ray Feroz, Chapter President
FALL 2017 CLARION APSCUF SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS!!
Front LR: Makenzie May, Olivia Kelt, Emily Dingfelder, Caleb Gilliland
Back LR: Committee Chair Simon Aristeguieta, Alyssa Creighton, Madison Peterman, Chapter President Ray Feroz
CONGRATULATIONS to the following APSCUF Scholarship winners who were awarded $500 each for the Fall 2017 semester. This year there were 45 outstanding applications submitted by currently enrolled students throughout Clarion and Venango campuses. The scholarship winners were recommended by the APSCUF Scholarship Committee (Chair Dr. Simon Aristeguieta, Dr. Deborah Ellermeyer and Dr. Todd Lavin) and were approved at the Executive Committee meeting on April 4, 2017.
APSCUF – Makenzie May (Speech Pathology)
Graduate – Madison Peterman (Speech Pathology)
Senior – Emily Dingfelder (Speech Pathology)
Junior – Caleb Gilliland (Sec. Ed, Social Studies & Political Science)
Freshman/Sophomore – Olivia Kelt (Marketing)
At Large – Alyssa Creighton (Nursing)
Clarion APSCUF Position Statement on the Workforce Plan
APSCUF is the union that represents faculty members at all 14 of the Pennsylvania State System Universities. Clarion University’s chapter of APSCUF wants the university to continue to be a leader in providing affordable, high quality education to our students. We believe that the Workforce Plan proposed by President Karen Whitney will compromise that high quality. Instead of cutting programs, we should be providing students with the quality liberal arts education they deserve and promoting the University’s strengths. Therefore, we strongly oppose this plan.
Clarion University’s mission to offer students “transformative, lifelong learning opportunities through innovative, nationally recognized programs delivered in inclusive, student-centered environments” can only be realized by the faculty. The unprecedented loss of faculty and programs would strike a blow to the very core of any university and will likely have long term consequences for Clarion University and the surrounding communities.
At first glance, it may appear only that 22 faculty are losing their jobs when in fact more is being lost than positions. Students will lose the expertise, mentoring, and professional leadership that faculty willingly provide. The elimination of support programs specifically designed to foster academic success will hurt struggling students. Cutting academic programs will diminish students’ opportunities to develop into creative and productive members of society and will limit their career opportunities.
Clarion’s current and future students deserve to receive a high quality education. APSCUF faculty will fight to protect the University’s academic integrity and the livelihoods of those who provide a quality education. We pledge to fight to keep Clarion University a first-class institution of higher learning.
APSCUF-Clarion would like to thank our dedicated committee members for we couldn’t make such an impact without your hard work!
UPCOMING MEETINGS for FALL 2017
- Wednesday, August 23 @ 2:00 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Monday, August 28 @ 2:00 pm – Meet & Discuss
- Friday, September 1 @ 2:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, September 5 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, September 8 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, September 12 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- September 14-16, 2017 – APSCUF Legislative Assembly (Red Lion, Harrisburg, PA)
- Tuesday, September 19 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017 @ 3:30 pm – General Membership Meeting (250/250 Gemmell)
- Tuesday, October 3 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Wednesday, October 4 @ 2:30 – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, October 10 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Wednesday, October 11 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, October 17 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Wednesday, October 18 – Nancy Koutris, Director of Membership Services, Campus Visit
- Tuesday, November 7 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, November 10 @ 2:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, November 14 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Friday, November 17 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, November 28 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, December 1 @ 2:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, December 5 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Friday, December 8 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss
Check out Clarion APSCUF's photos on our Facebook Page. Click HERE.
CLARION APSCUF is PROUD to support the following:
- Clarion University Athletic Corporate Sponsorship
- Clarion University Golf Classic
- Clarion University Academic Excellence Series
- Clarion County YMCA
- Clarion Little League
- Partners in Teaching