APSCURF Forms and Benefits
PARFAC DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
If you’re retiring, are newly retired, or you’re looking for dental and vision insurance, the APSCURF PA Retired Faculty (PARFAC) dental and vision program may be for you.
PARFAC contracts with United Concordia Dental for its dental coverage and Highmark Vision (which uses the Davis Vision network of providers) for vision coverage. The rates with the carriers are negotiated for a two-year period. The rates for Feb. 1, 2022, through Jan. 31, 2024, are below:
|Dental only||Vision only||Both|
You must be an APSCURF member to enroll in the PARFAC dental and/or vision program, and your membership will be verified prior to enrollment. If you neglect to renew your APSCURF membership, your dental and vision coverage may be canceled.
The APSCURF plans are strictly voluntary and members are under no obligation to purchase the plan(s). You may enroll at any time. Should you elect to cancel coverage, you may not re-enroll for 24 months from your last date of active coverage.
Email email@example.com to request an enrollment kit.
UNITED CONCORDIA DENTAL:
- United Concordia Dental summary of benefits
- United Concordia Dental claim form
- Search for an in-network provider (Network: Elite Plus)
If you have a benefits question or claim problem with your dental coverage, please contact United Concordia (UCCI) at 800-332-0366.
- Highmark Vision summary of benefits
- Highmark Vision claim form
- Search for an in-network provider (Highmark Vision uses the Davis Vision network of providers.)
If you have a benefits question or claim problem with your vision coverage, please contact Highmark at 800-223-4795.
Note: Highmark Vision also provides a hearing-aid discount at Your Hearing Network. Members receive a free hearing exam and discounts of up to 40% off premium hearing aids. Each order includes:
- A trial period – 60-day money back guarantee
- One year of follow-up care
- A four-year service warranty, including one year of loss and damage
- A four-year supply of batteries (included with each hearing aid purchase)
Call 888-809-0044 for more information, or to schedule your consultation with a hearing-aid professional.
PASSHE ANNUITANT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM (AHCP)
Your AHCP benefits are administered by PASSHE. For assistance with enrollment, premiums, changes of address or banking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGNATURE 65 RESOURCES:
• Highmark benefit booklet
• Signature 65 Rx overview
• Member Submitted Major Medical form (fillable PDF)
• Submitting your Highmark Major Medical claim electronically
• Signature 65 Claims Processing flowchart
TRAVELING ABROAD WITH THE AHCP:
• BlueCross BlueShield International Travel (for under age 65 annuitants)
• Annuitants enrolled in Highmark Signature 65: Generally speaking, Medicare does not cover you when you’re traveling abroad (there are limited and specific times when Medicare will cover you). If medical assistance/services are required while traveling outside the United States and Medicare does not cover the service(s), secure those medical services and retain all necessary documentation from the provider/facility. Upon returning home submit copies of the bills and documentation to Highmark Signature 65 Major Medical using the Member Submitted Major Medical claim form (the same form that is used for Rx reimbursement). Note that foreign claims do not have to be submitted to Medicare for a denial prior to submission to Highmark Blue Shield.
Looking to purchase long-term care insurance? Click here to download the long-term care info sheet that includes a basic overview, questions to ask when you’re researching, and things to consider.
If you have any questions, contact our direct long-term care expert, Sandy Curlee, at 717-614-6100, Ext. 206, toll free at 866-218-5007 or via email at email@example.com.
Medicare can be confusing, but there are a number of resources available to help you. Visit www.medicare.gov to start the enrollment process and learn more about how Medicare works. Call 800-MEDICARE (800-633-4227) with questions about premiums and claims. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services also contains useful information for those that are eligible or are becoming eligible for Medicare.
• 2022 Medicare and You Handbook
• Is my test, item, or service covered by Medicare?
• Medicare “What’s Covered” mobile app
• Sign up for the Medicare Rights Center Dear Marci biweekly newsletter (for Medicare beneficiaries, their families and caregivers. Each issue features Medicare coverage advice, basic health tips and links to vital health care resources.)
• Read the Medicare benefits summary (updated for 2022)
• How do I appeal my Medicare premium?
Membership in APSCURF allows you to participate in the PARFAC Dental and Vision program as well as the special-services programs in place while you were an active employee. It pays to belong!
Click here to download a PDF about membership benefits.
Visit our Students page for information about the APSCUF scholarship.
For more information about retirement, please contact Bim Arthun at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-236-7486, ext. 3021.
Mailing address: PARFAC
P.O. Box 60545
Harrisburg, PA 17106-0545