Revised Process for Prescription Drug Overrides
Effective March 8, 2010, the procedure for requesting prescription drug override requests will be revised. This is being done to in an effort to reduce the amount of personal health information (PHI) an employee/annuitant needs to share with State System or the universities in order to request the prescription drug override.
Whenever possible, if the employee/annuitant has sufficient lead time, they should be encouraged to use the mail order feature through Express Scripts to obtain up to three (3) months of prescriptions.
The new procedure will be as follows:
- When a State System member needs to request an Rx override, they will be calling the Highmark Member Services toll free number located on their Identification cards and indicate that they need an override opposed to either contacting their campus Benefit Coordinator or the System Human Resources Office with specifics).
- The Highmark representative will obtain the required override details from the member, who should be prepared with the needed information.
- a. Employee/annuitant name
- b. Highmark identification number (located on their Identification card)
- c. Name of member taking the medication
- d. Name of the medication, including strength and dosage
- e. Name of pharmacy
- f. Date leaving the country
- g. Date returning
This information will include:
Don't miss any of your member benefits! Click here to visit a summary of the benefits of your APSCUF membership.