Need forms or policies for university-wide committees? Look in the righthand column under CLARION DOCUMENTS and click onto “document center” for the link or click HERE.
Welcome to the APSCUF-Clarion website, another tool to enable our members to participate and communicate. APSCUF, the voice of the faculty and coaches here at Clarion University, upholds the highest standards of teaching, scholarly inquiry, and service. We are an organization committed to promoting excellence in all we do to ensure our students receive the highest quality education.
If you are not yet a member, please join us in our efforts. APSCUF is the sole voice for protecting the rights of faculty and coaches. Be a member — and be an active and contributing member. Signup and get involved today!
Ray Feroz, Chapter President
Best Wishes to our 2018-2019 Retirees
Thank you for your dedication to teaching our students at Clarion University and to your past services to ASPCUF. We wish you well for an enjoyable retirement!!
Dr. Julia Aaron, Social Sciences
Dr. Robert Balough, Economics
Dr. Jonathan Brown, Education
Dr. William Buchanan, Library Science
Dr. Deborah Ellermeyer, Education
Dr. Steven Harris, Education & Sciences
Dr. Janina Jolley, Psychology
Coach Al Modrzejewski, Men’s B-Ball
Dr. Kevin Roth, Management & Marketing
Dr. Elisabeth Sauvage-Callaghan – English & Modern Languages
Dr. Hwei-Jen Yang, Communcation
PHOTO: Front LR: Bill Buchanan, Elisabeth Sauvage-Callaghan, CU President Dr. Dale, Julia Aaron, Steve Harris
Back LR: Bob Balough, Hwei-jen Yang, Janina Jolley, Debbie Ellermeyer, Kevin Roth, Chapter President Ray Feroz
APSCUF awards $500 scholarships to six Clarion students
PHOTO: Front LR: Rebecca Lewis, Aimee Haslet, McKenzie Rodriguez, Olivia Wissinger
Back LR: Scholarship Committee Member Dr. Jeffrey Diamond, Parker Sprenger, Lindsay Morris, APSCUF Chapter President Dr. Ray Feroz
Six Clarion University students have been awarded with the Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties (APSCUF) Fall 2019 Scholarship. Each will receive a $500 scholarship to use toward expenses for the fall semester.
Scholarships were given to the following students in six categories: Parker Sprenger (Indiana, Pa.), APSCUF child category, communication major; Rebecca Lewis (West Springfield, Pa.), graduate student category, Finance & Business Management; Oliva Wissinger (Renfew, Pa.), senior student category, secondary education – mathematics; Lindsay Morris (Claysville, Pa.), junior student category, early childhood education; Aimee Haslet (Tionesta, Pa.) freshman/sophomore student category, speech-language pathology major; McKenzie Rodriguez (Sevenfield, PA), at large category, secondary education – english.
The six recipients were chosen out of 50 applications submitted by currently enrolled students throughout campus. The criteria used to select the recipients include a minimum QPA of a 3.2, participation and leadership in campus and community service organizations, and submission of a one-page narrative outlining goals and objectives for the future.
Members of the Clarion APSCUF Scholarship Committee are Dr. Jeffrey Diamond, Dr. Todd Lavin and Dr. Helen Hampikian. These scholarships has been made possible by the faculty and coaches members of APSCUF.
YMCA Membership Discount for APSCUF/APSCURF Members Only:
The new Scenic Rivers YMCA is now open in Clarion. Present your membership card OR your Member Verification Certificate from the Clarion APSCUF/APSCURF office to the YMCA Member Service Desk and receive a special discount on your membership. Know that your membership is for both the Oil City YMCA and the Clarion County YMCA! Click here for details.
APSCUF-Clarion would like to thank our dedicated committee members for we couldn’t make such an impact without your hard work!
UPCOMING MEETINGS for FALL 2019
- Monday & Tuesday, August 19 & 20 – New Faculty Orientation
- Tuesday, September 3 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Tuesday, September 10 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Tuesday, September 10 @ 3:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- September 12-14, 2019 – APSCUF Legislative Assembly (Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel, Harrisburg, PA)
- Tuesday, September 17 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, September 20 @ 1:00 pm – Meet & Discuss (Rhea)
- Tuesday, September 24 @ 3:30 pm – General Membership Meeting
- Tuesday, October 1 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Tuesday, October 8 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Friday, October 11 @ 2:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, October 15 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, October 18 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss (114 Carrier)
- Tuesday, November 5 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Tuesday, November 12 @ 3:30 pm – Departmental Representative Council
- Friday, November 15 @ 2:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Tuesday, November 19 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, November 22 @ 2:20 pm – Meet & Discuss (Rhea)
- Tuesday, December 3 @ 3:30 pm – Executive Committee
- Friday, December 13 @ 2:30 pm – Pre-Meet & Discuss
- Friday, December 20 @ 2:30 pm – Meet & Discuss (114 Carrier)
Check out Clarion APSCUF's photos on our Facebook Page. Click HERE.
CLARION APSCUF is PROUD to support the following:
- Clarion University Athletic Corporate Sponsorship
- Clarion University Golf Classic
- Clarion University Academic Excellence Series
- Clarion County YMCA
- Clarion Little League
- Partners in Teaching