BU Campus-Wide Committee Elections
Several committees had to have the number of new members to be elected increased in order to have required representation from all colleges/areas. These were: Library Advisory, General Administration, and Honorary Degrees, each of which will be increased by one member.
The election will be held from Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 8:30 A.M. until Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 4:00 P.M. Online voting will be utilized for this election, and all faculty will receive an email with a link to their ballot. If needed, runoffs will be held Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 8:30 A.M. through Thursday, May 5, 2022 4:00 P.M.
Good luck to all the candidates.
Jeffrey D. Leitzel, Ph.D.
Chair, Nominations, Elections, and Rules Committee
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
- University Wide Meetings – Information and Schedule
- Healthcare details
- PASSHE Technology Transfer and Commercialization
- APSCUF-BU Bylaws
- Tenure Criteria and Procedures (Approved 8/20/2021)
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
Note: While every effort is made to make sure the documents above are the most recent versions, faculty are encouraged to double check them against the documents on the (S:) Drive.
NEW FACULTY INFORMATION
Please note that the BU website is being redesigned over Summer 2021 and some links may get broken as part of the new layout. We will work to fix them as soon as possible. Please contact webmaster Ethan Krupp (see email link in right sidebar) if you encounter any.
- Moving To Bloomsburg
- Getting Started On Campus
- Setting Up Classes
- Technology Questions
- Helpful Organizations
- Research Grants
- Performance Review
- Other Important Information
- Articles and Essays for New Faculty
- An Open Letter to Next Year’s Full-Time Tenure Track Assistant Professors by Billie Hara
- The Five Characteristics of Successful New Faculty Members by Rob Jenkins
- How We Value Faculty Work by Gary A. Olson
- The Three-ring Circus of Academia: How to Become the Ringmaster by Michelle L. Toews & Ani Yazedjian
FACULTY TEACHING TIPS & BEST PRACTICES
- Please visit the BU Teaching and Learning Enhancement Center (TALE) website for a list of teaching tips, best practices, and instructional materials tailored to our campus and technology.
- Additional Useful University Teaching Websites from other campuses
- Center for Teaching Excellence (University of Kansas) http://cte.ku.edu/teaching-ku
- Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning (Harvard University) https://bokcenter.harvard.edu/online-resources
- Engaging Students in Discussion – Center for Teaching Excellence (University of Virginia)
- Explore the Art and Science of Facilitating Learning https://www.teachinginhighered.com/
- How to Create a Syllabus (Kevin Gannon, Grand View University) https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/advice-syllabus
- MERLOT (Curated online resources by California State University) https://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm
- Pedagogy in Action (Carleton College) https://serc.carleton.edu/sp/index.html
- Self-Paced Tutorials Center for Educational Innovation (University of Minnesota) https://cei.umn.edu/faculty-and-instructors
- Solve a Teaching Problem – Eberly Center (Carnegie Mellon University) https://www.cmu.edu/teaching/solveproblem/index.html
- Teaching in Higher Education http://teachinginhighered.com/
- Writing Across the Disciplines (University of Minnesota) http://writing.umn.edu/wac.html
- Blogs and Free Electronic Newsletters
- Faculty Focus (Magna Publications) https://www.facultyfocus.com/
- Great Ideas for Teaching (Mira Costa College) http://www.miracosta.edu/studentservices/writingcenter/gifts.html
- IDEA: Improving Learning In Higher Education (Kansas State University) http://www.ideaedu.org/category/helpful-resources/knowledge-base/idea-papers
- Lingua Franca: Language and writing in academe (Chronicle of Higher Education) https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca
- ProfHacker: Teaching, tech, and productivity (Chronicle of Higher Education) https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker
- Tomorrow’s Professor (Stanford University) https://tomprof.stanford.edu/
Please help us keep this list accurate and contact the webmaster (see contact information in right sidebar) if you encounter any dead links. Thank you.
BU Member Resources
Click here to read our chapter newsletters (login required). Please click the committee name below to learn more about it or read their updates/minutes by selecting the time period desired. Meet & Discuss Updates: APSCUF/BU Social Justice Committee Minutes: