APSCUF’s members go above and beyond in their work. In case you missed some of their accomplishments the first time around, here are some highlights from this past semester.
- Bloomsburg University’s head coach of cross country and track and field teams is the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Women’s Indoor Track and Field Coach of the Year.
- An anthropology professor at the California University of Pennsylvania joined Smart Talk to discuss his research on the Monongahela Native Americans.
- A professor at Cheyney University won the Philosophy Through Fiction prize.
- Professors’ work was exhibited at Clarion University’s “The Four Seasons and Selected Works: A Collaborative Book and Exhibit.”
- An East Stroudsburg University professor of English held an event to raise awareness of eating disorders.
- The National Association of Social Workers named an Edinboro University professor Social Worker of the Year.
- An Indiana University of Pennsylvania speech-language pathology professor won the Ray Coppler Disability Awareness Award.
- East’s Coach of the Year is a Kutztown University head softball coach.
- A professor of health science from Lock Haven University worked with students to offer a health clinic in rural Jamaica.
- A Mansfield University history professor appeared on the Berks History Center’s program on BCTV.
- A professor at Millersville University spoke at the University’s Frederick Douglass Black Culture Celebration.
- A Shippensburg University professor was named Carnegie African Diaspora Fellow.
- A Slippery Rock University professor made the cover of The American Occupational Therapy Association’s OT Practice Magazine.
- A professor at West Chester University started a project to look at diversity in a “nontraditional” way.
APSCUF aims to keep our members and followers updated on our faculty members’ and coaches’ successes. Don’t forget to follow us on our social media sites for more stories featuring our incredible faculty and coaches. Have a story to be told? Tag APSCUF on social media or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
—Lindsey Newton, APSCUF intern